Health and Wellness Resources
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Student counseling services are available through the EAP office, which offers unlimited, free, confidential assessment, short-term counseling, and referral, if necessary, to Allen College students to address:
- personal issues (marriage, divorce, grief/loss, parenting, etc.)
- mental health concerns (depression, general or test anxiety, etc.),
- job/school-related issues (stress, work conflicts, etc.).
You do not need a referral to EAP; just call to schedule an appointment or request additional information about their services. When you call, identify yourself as an Allen College student.
Face-to-face sessions and virtual appointments are available via smartphone, tablet, or computer.
The UnityPoint Health – Mental Health Walk-in Clinic offers counseling sessions to individuals age 18 and over on a walk-in basis - no appointment necessary. Licensed behavioral health professionals provide services including:
- crisis counseling
- medication prescribing
- referral to outpatient mental health services
- connection to other community resources
- triage for emergent/critical behavioral health intervention.
The Mental Health Walk-In Clinic is located at 164 W Dale St. Suite 6B, Use Allen Hospital Entrance 6B. You can contact the Mental Health Walk-In Clinic at (319) 226-2106.